There are multiple ways to get free traffic to your Shopify store, however, there are two things to note:
(1) You want to make sure that the traffic is targeted, meaning going after potential customers that are interested in your product as traffic in itself is worthless – you’re looking to either get an email address or make a sale; and
(2) It’s not enough to drive targeted traffic to your site. It’s also important that you optimize your store as much as so that you get the most out of the traffic that you’re sending to your store.
You can check out the following list of apps that you might want to consider for your Shopify store to help make sure it’s optimized for sales. With that said, here are a few ways to get free and targeted traffic:
Online communities are an excellent platform for reaching out to potential customers. Here are a few exceptional ones you might want to consider joining:
- Quora and Reddit. Both of these sites get massive amounts of traffic and the people that frequently visit these sites tend to be absolutely obsessed with the topics they follow.
By becoming an active member that provides value and solves the problems of community members, you’ll be able to gain credibility, build trust, and organically grow your customer base with free targeted traffic.
You can check out the following post I wrote on BigCommerce on how to get traffic.
- Forums are a bit like Reddit in that they are conversational and that members will ignore you (or worse, you can earn a ban) if you start by self-promoting. Instead, you’ll want to check the rules and make sure you add value to the conversations.
- Facebook Groups. Make sure to find a group that not only caters to your target audience but that is also actively moderated. While that means you’ll have to commit more time to become a valued member, it also means that you’re more likely to get valuable traffic.
Think about it – a group that allows endless promotions means that it’s filled primarily with other marketers who have no interest in your products.
You can check out the following resource for how to get started with Facebook Groups.
- Guest Post on Other Sites
When done right, writing for other sites allows you to potentially get the attention of a large audience as well as provide SEO value by being able to link back to your website.
When looking for sites to guest post on, you’ll want to find websites that align with your ideal customer personas. Additionally, the sites you choose to guest post should have good traffic numbers and ideally have a strong, engaged social following.
You can take this one step further and see if the site you’re writing a guest post for will allow you to create a content upgrade as this can be a great way to get emails.
Typically a micro-influencers are someone that has tens of thousands of followers. While this may not seem like a lot when compared to celebrity influencers, it’s this smaller number that actually benefits you.
Due to their smaller following, you’ll typically find the audience of a micro-influencer to be more engaged and the relationship to be more authentic which is why their campaigns return engagement rates 60% higher than macro-influencer-led campaigns.
Additionally, while macro-influencers almost always want monetary compensation, you can find micro-influencers who won’t require monetary compensation.
Instead of trying to join every social media site, find one or two networks that serve as the stomping grounds for your target audience. These are the networks that you’ll want to concentrate your efforts on by posting consistently and working on engaging with the community
Some social media sites to consider include Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Facebook.
Learn Shopify (Secret Tool!)
the overwhelming majority of online stores (over 90%) fail within the first four months of going live.
So while the profit potential of this market is deeper than ever, staying afloat in these waters can be near impossible without the right guidance.
That’s where Shopifortunes comes in.
Shopifortunes is an elite e-commerce store launch program that gives members everything they need to build and grow a highly successful Shopify brand from the ground up.
With expert guidance, proven strategies, and little-known growth-hacks you can’t find anywhere else, this comprehensive 6-part video tutorial system takes you through every single phase of the launch process – from product research and development all the way to scaling towards 6-figure success.
Click here to get this tool now!